You will need:
- Coloured paper from which you will cut out shapes of leaves, petals, centre of flower, ladybird head, pairs of wings & lots of spots
- Sheets of paper to glue the picture on—if you use a dark colour then you can imagine the ladybird’s body in any gap between its wings
- Googly eyes
- Pens or pencils for adding legs, feelers, etc.
Children stick the shapes on paper and add googly eyes and draw on legs and feelers and anything else they want.
Story: The Very Lazy Ladybird
Possible themed songs/rhymes:
- A ladybird, a ladybird, a wiggly worm and a ladybird
- Ladybird, ladybird, fly away home (we didn’t sing this one)